Network West Midlands
Network West Midlands is the name that connects all public transport in the region. This includes Birmingham, Dudley, Sandwell, Coventry, Walsall, Solihull and Wolverhampton. Collating data from various operators throughout the region, their aim is to provide up to date information for passengers.
Bus timetables are some of the most visited pages on the site but there's been little improvement to the user experience since the site launched in 2016.
Respond to users feedback collated by the customer relations team to improve the functionality and usability of bus timetables.
• Feedback from customer relation cases.
• Analysis of TfL, TfGM, Citymapper and Moovit's approaches
• Analysis of Google Analytics and Hotjar Data
Common User Issues
• Main stops/All stops toggle not immediately obvious
• Discrepancies between stop names & routes
• Confused by composite timetables
• User’s very rarely get to stage 3 (selecting start stop and then end stop)
Solutions to User Issues
• Timetable’s now combined with stop pages to replicate offline user journey
• All stops shown (toggle removed)
• Cleaned stop names
• Removal of composite timetables
• Link to stop pages